<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: Avocado Cheesecake with Walnut Graham Cracker Crust

Friday, November 18, 2011

Avocado Cheesecake with Walnut Graham Cracker Crust

Oh me, oh my! This avocado cheesecake sure caught my attention when I saw it & believe me, it does not disappoint! I was a little hesitant because of well, the avocados, but they just add an incredible creaminess. Also the graham cracker crust does not contain butter, so that also peeked my curiosity. I usually don't alter recipes the first time I try them, but I did not use anise seeds (ew) & I used 1% milk instead of skim. I also made them in a cupcake pan for individual servings & thus only baked the crust for 10 minutes instead of 20. So delish!
Avocado Cheesecake with Walnut Crust
Ingredients
3/4 cup shelled walnuts
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon crushed anise seeds (I omitted)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 lemon
1 1/2 cups skim milk (I used 1%)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 fully ripened Avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened and cut in pieces (I used low-fat)

Directions
Heat oven to 350°F. In food processor, pulse walnuts until finely ground. Add graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, anise seeds & salt; pulse just until combined. Add 2 tablespoons water; pulse until ingredients are thoroughly combined & resemble wet sand. Press into bottom of an 8 1/2-inch springform pan. Bake 20 minutes; cool completely.

In measuring cup or small bowl, combine gelatin with 2 tablespoons water; let stand for 5 minutes. With vegetable peeler, remove strips of lemon zest (yellow portion only). In saucepan, combine milk, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla & lemon zest; bring to boil. Add gelatin; simmer until gelatin has completely dissolved, about 1 minute; strain & discard lemon zest. In food processor, combine avocados & cream cheese. Pour hot milk mixture into processor; process until very smooth. Pour into baked crust; cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set. Remove side of pan; cut cheesecake into 10 slices. Serve with raspberry sauce, if desired. I topped with walnuts instead.

Cheesecake is best when served the same day; any leftover cheesecake should be securely covered with clear plastic wrap and refrigerated.

Recipe taken from www.theamazingavocado.com.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 18, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

I like the serving size on these. Great idea! Thanks for sharing! I've made a lot of cheesecake and will have to try it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home