<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: Chicken Wild Rice Soup

Friday, October 21, 2011

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

This recipe is killer. It's been in my family for who knows how long & it's guaranteed to please. I can't remember a Christmas day without this comforting soup-- it always reminds me of that special time of year & makes me feel at home no matter where I'm at. Forgive me for my lack of measurements... when I called my mom she said that you just add as much as you want to... so go with your intuition & enjoy!
Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Ingredients
Chicken
Celery
Cream of chicken soup + milk or half & half (or heavy cream)
Wild rice
Onion
Bacon

Directions
Cook the chicken & bacon separately. Cook the onions & celery with the bacon. My mom soaks the wild rice overnight so it doesn't take so long to cook, but you can just add it to the bacon, chicken, onions, & celery when you mix in the cream of chicken soup & milk-- it just takes longer.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

I make mine like this, too. Same ingredients, amounts according to what looks right. Good stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home