<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: Black Bean Brownies

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Black Bean Brownies

Yes folks, I was feeling a bit experimental the other day. See, we're going through this sugar detox & I've been finding all kinds of crazy recipes & that reminded me that my past boss once made these brownies that had black beans in them. Yep, black beans. So I thought I would give them a whirl & I know you're not going to believe me, but they were incredible! There is no flour in these brownies, just scrumptious black beans, so there's also added protein. Use dark chocolate instead of milk & they're almost GOOD for you :) John even mostly approved.

I also found that, contrary to "normal" brownies, these are best after they have cooled & sat in the refrigerator over night. They become so moist & dense & fudgey- like. Mmm. Eat your heart out. (Oh, & even though I said we're going through a sugar detox, we did use white sugar in this recipe... we're just using up what we have & then it's history!)

Black Bean Brownies
1 (15.5 oz.) can reduced sodium black beans, thoroughly rinsed and drained
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8″ baking dish with baking or cooking spray. Place black beans through vanilla/instant coffee in food processor or blender. Pulse thoroughly until smooth & well combined. Pour batter in baking dish. Top with nuts & chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is dry & edges begin to pull away from the baking dish. Cool completely before cutting. I actually didn't add coffee or walnuts, but next time I'll definitely try it!

Recipe taken from amybites.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home