<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: Oat Drops

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oat Drops

I made these last week & was pleasantly surprised. They tasted a bit like banana bread, as they have mashed bananas in them in lieu of sugar. I also put chocolate chips in them, which isn't sugar free, but as you remember, I said chocolate is not off limits :) Plus, neither one of us like dried fruit.
Oat Drops
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes (I used unsweetened)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup of almond meal (I used whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup mixed nuts, finely chopped (I used walnuts)
1 cup dried fruit (I used chocolate chips...)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup canola oil (I used apple sauce)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, almond meal, mixed nuts & coconut flakes. Stir in allspice & cinnamon. Add dried fruit & stir until well & evenly mixed. Make sure the dried fruit do not stick together in big batches. In another bowl, combine canola oil, mashed banana & vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients & stir until well combined. Roll into balls. Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

Recipe taken from blueberrygirlinoz.blogspot.com

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM , Anonymous Laura smanski said...

I'd love to give these a try!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home