<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: Wednesday's "What We Ate March 4-10, 2013"

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday's "What We Ate March 4-10, 2013"

This past week food-wise was strange. We were still "recovering" from our food experiment & so I literally felt like a kid in a candy shop, picking out what meals we wanted to cook & consume (ridiculous, I know). But I also had to keep in mind that we were going to be leaving to go to Florida the following week, so I didn't want to go crazy & have tons of food hanging around that we wouldn't eat.

I try to plan meals that are one-serving (per person) meals or plan to make sure we eat left-overs for lunch. But even when I try to plan a meal, things come up all the time. I love to plan things, but sometimes I'm just downright spacey. For example, I had originally planned to make homemade eggrolls on Saturday. I thought, "won't it be nice to have all day to do something fun like cook together?" but by the time Saturday rolled around, I had absolutely no desire to do anything. I was tired, it was raining, & I felt like I had already spent all week in the kitchen. Plus, I forgot to buy eggroll wrappers, so if we wanted to make them, I would need to go the the store first & that wasn't happening.

But it all worked out. Ruby & I ate grilled cheese & John finished up some rigatoni left-overs & we saved the eggrolls for Sunday. It ended up making a TON, so we were even able to bring them to some friends' house & enjoy them together while we watched The Walking Dead (just to be clear, I went for the community- zombies give me the heebeejeebees). On Sunday, I had originally planned to make "cream" of mushroom soup using tofu, but again, my spaciness caused me to buy extra firm tofu instead of the soft kind, which the recipe calls for.

Overall, I am pretty excited about what we ate last week. I found a new way to cook lentils in a soup that's very tasty & I fell madly in love with breakfast pizza. Plus, we discovered a new way to eat sweet potatoes (one of our favs)- covered with broccoli & cheese! I thought it might be weird with the sweetness of the potato, but it really works!

Meal planning is really helpful, but sometimes you just gotta allow for life (or lack of energy or inability to buy the right food) to interrupt your plans & roll with it. What methods do you use when meal planning or grocery shopping to make sure you're getting everything you need? I'd love to hear in the comments below!
Friday's dinner: agave drizzled boneless pork chops & sweet potatoes topped with broccoli & cheese


What We Ate March 4-10, 2013
Monday: Shredded chicken quesadillas (chicken, red peppers, onions, cilantro, & cheese) & cuties
Tuesday: Skillet baked stuffed rigatoni with a roasted beet salad
Wednesday: Lentil soup with sausage, chard, & garlic & cheddar scallion scones
Thursday: Breakfast pizza & fresh pineapple
Friday: Agave drizzled boneless pork chops & sweet potatoes topped with broccoli & cheese
Saturday: Grilled cheese sandwiches on whole wheat bread with apples & fresh pineapple
Sunday: Homemade chicken & vegetable eggrolls with rice & you guessed it, more fresh pineapple

I also made a batch of crockpot yogurt & thawed out some left-over dough to make graham crackers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home