<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm

There's nothing more my dry, northern lips enjoy than a good ol' goopy lip balm. While there are some harmful & unsustainable chemicals in most lip products (surprise, surprise), some people think that chap stick can actually kill you. All joking aside, there are definitely some ingredients that you want to stay away from when you're spreading products on your kisser.

I really enjoyed making some homemade lip balm today. Why? Oh, because there are 5 ingredients in it, it took literally 5 minutes, & I now have a bunch of lip balm to get me through the rest of winter. The best part is that it cost me just a fraction of what it would have buying other more natural or organic brands.

Now that I've got one batch under my belt, I'm curious to try other combinations (but peppermint is by far my fav). I'm thinking I need to try some orange/bergamont, ecualyptus (especially when I'm sick), or even a mint/lavender sounds lovely. I've got all the links below for all of the ingredients just in case you are unfamiliar with some of them.

What beauty products do you like to create at home? What shys you away from trying to make your own?

Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
Ingredients
1/4 cup coconut oil 
1/2 ounce organic beeswax
3 drops vitamin e oil (or squeeze out 1-2 capsules)
3 drops peppermint essential oil
13 lip balm containers (next time I'm going to order them from here)

Directions
Melt coconut oil & beeswax over medium heat (or in microwave) & then add vitamin e oil & peppermint oil. Mix thoroughly & immediately pour into containers. (I heated everything in a 4-cup liquid measuring cup in the microwave & then spooned it carefully into the containers). Allow to cool for about 20 minutes & it's ready to use! This recipe makes approximately 13 lip balms in a 0.15 ounce containers.

Recipe taken from Nourishing Minimalism

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM , Blogger baglady said...

This looks fantastic. Great gifts. Nothing on here that anyone would be allergic to as far as I can tell. Can you add any essential oil?

 
At March 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Gillian from The Haas Machine said...

I believe you can do any essential oil. Just make sure it's a brand that you would want on your skin (I really like Aura Cacia brand).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home