<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: Wednesday's "What We Ate Jan.14-20, 2013"

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday's "What We Ate Jan.14-20, 2013"

Yeah, it's really cold out there (but that doesn't stop my crazy husband from biking to work every.single.day). It seems like this time of year, it's something a lot of people tend to dwell on & I admit, it's hard not to. There's something in me that loves this weather though. I really get into the thrill of "dangerous" weather conditions (I love driving through snow storms, especially in our little volkwagen & I find the frenzy of an impending storm amusing-especially at the grocery store). Maybe it's my true northern upbringing (I remember countless days that school was canceled because it was "too cold") but I do kind of enjoy this still, frozen time of winter. You know, days of holing up at home, baking all day "just to keep the house warm," & serving more hearty, cheesy, rich foods that you just can't get away with in the summer. Around here, it's quite normal to gain a few pounds in the winter, but it's totally for survival purposes. At least that's what I tell myself with when I'm forking down a bowl full of creamy chicken alfredo.

My inspiration for creating posts on "What We Ate" has come from a few other fellow bloggers who share their weekly menus. I thoroughly enjoy reading about recipes that other people (read: real people) have tried & perfected. I love getting fresh, creative ideas for healthy meals that my kid will eat & simultaneously won't break the bank or lead me to shop online for the ingredients. I decided that since our lives change spontaneously & our food calendar doesn't always stay the same, that I would share what we actually ate instead of what I planned for (for example, Tuesday I hadn't planned to add a rotisserie chicken to our menu, but I walked into a Festival Foods, only to find out that every Tuesday they have them for $5. I can hardly resist them anyways, but at that great of a price, I was totally suckered into grabbing one).

I love hearing about what you're eating & I can always use a little more healthy food-centered motivation in my life. Please, please, please feel free to comment below on what you're eating or have eaten this week & in the meantime, enjoy a little inspiration from our little kitchen.
Thursday's dinner: grilled lime butter salmon, almond tossed green beans, & baked sweet potato

What We Ate Jan. 14-20, 2013
Monday: Chicken, chickpea, & pesto salad with whole wheat pita bread
Tuesday: Rotisserie chicken & southwest stuffed peppers
Wednesday: Grilled lime butter salmon, almond tossed green beans, & baked sweet potato
Thursday: Tuna spirals with a side of whole wheat bread
Friday: My dad & step mom were in town for the weekend, so we ate out this night (pizza)
Saturday: We also ate out this night (Mexican)
Sunday: Corn chowder, french bread, & fresh green salad (lettuce, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, sprouts, soy nuts, sunflower seeds, & dressing)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home