<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: What to do with all your holiday cards

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What to do with all your holiday cards

One of my absolute favorite things about Christmas time is all of the beautiful holiday cards that we get in the mail. I love seeing how your kids are growing (especially when they start to lose teeth!) or how adorable your dogs still are. I get really excited & inspired by all of the creativity that pours in & even though we haven't sent an "actual" holiday card (we choose to do it the frugal or, um, green way & send it electronically... did you see it posted here?) for a few years, I still really enjoy sending out something because it just feels right.
Ever since we've been married, I've saved the cards we've received every year. I'm not sure why... I'm really not that sentimental of a person. I guess I just couldn't bring myself to throwing all these special moments away. So this year, I decided enough was enough! I wasn't going to just look at this stack of unorganized cards any longer. It took me maybe 5 minutes to punch a little hole in each card, string a bit of yarn through them & make a little booklet for every year. Then, because I think our kid is the cutest, I put our Christmas card on top (this also helps me to remember what year the cards are from).
I'm really excited to have these little books to put out around the holidays & I'm really looking forward to adding to our collection every year. Thank you so much to those of you who sent us cards-- it really is something special to me & my family. See, Ruby just looooves your pictures!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM , Anonymous sara haveri said...

thats super cute idea!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home