<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thehaasmachine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
the haas machine: Focus

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Focus

I'm back from my little unintentional blog fast. Although I didn't intentionally plan on not blogging, for some reason over the past 4 months or so, blogging just hasn't been appealing to me. It was starting to feel more like an obligation instead of something that I truly enjoyed. Over the past couple of weeks, I've been finding myself thinking (& even quietly muttering to myself or whoever happens to be listening to me while I attempt at creating something I saw on pinterest) "I should blog about this."

So the haas machine has been breathed into once again! And I'm really excited to have more of a focus on some of the wonderful (& probably not so wonderful) experiences we toy with in our kitchen, as well as some of the DIY projects that John & I experiment with. Right now John is busy melting candle wax to soak some jute twine for an emergency fire starter kit. I mean, why wouldn't you want to read all about that?
Sweet potato, ricotta, & spinach pasta

I've also been inspired a bit by some of the other blogs that I've been reading lately. I know that I really get excited when someone posts a recipe I can actually follow (read: attractive pics & limited commentary) or a project that will hep save money (hello crock pot yogurt!), so we plan to be a bit more intentional with posting & making this blog accessible to most people. I'm also pumped to have more of John's penmanship on this blog, too, so watch for that (& maybe send him a harassing text if you never see a post of his).

Here's just a smidge of some of the posts coming up:
  • Dresser re-do's
  • Roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic & shallots
  • Chocolate chip coconut cookies
  • Vegetable toddler muffins 
  • Crock pot yogurt
  • Organic housekeeping
  • Felt Christmas trees
  • Sweet potato, ricotta, & spinach pasta
  • Lace & burlap projects
  • How to make your own liquid soaps
  • Organizing in small spaces
  • Kitty litter bike panniers
  • How to build an emergency fire starter kit
  • Stuffed peppers
  • Baby food purees
  • Essential oil projects (specifically for headaches, crankiness, & sleep aids)
  • Sausage biscuits & gravy
  • Naan Thai chicken pizza
  • Tofu curry soup & vegetables
  • Projects to do with toddlers
  • My favorite freezable meals
  • Zucchini tuna cakes
  • Granola
  • What to do with all your Christmas cards from years past
  • Pallet end tables
Baby food purees

That should keep us busy for awhile! If you have a suggestion on what we should cook, bake, or build next, please send them our way. I had a dream the other night that I had a little business that focused on making things that people didn't want/couldn't/refused to make, but saw on pinterest. Oh, wouldn't that be the life?

It's good to be back,
Gillian
Sausage biscuits & gravy

1 Comments:

At December 9, 2012 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous Lindsay said...

I'm happy to see you blogging! I could definitely use some decor/redo ideas as well as everything else you have coming up. I can't wait to see it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home